Monday, November 7, 2011

Interesting Facts, Part 4

- Tracy, a girl on my your bus from Hong Kong, had never seen snow in her life until the Franz Josef Glacier. She's 26. Maybe I should move to Hong Kong
- In Norway some people believe that trolls inhabit the north part of the country. Kind of like our version of Bigfoot
- Red deer introduced in NZ by 4 Scottish guys in the 1800s have become so rampant that the gov't has to mass poison deer now to control the population, even after the locals go hunting.
- There really are TONS of sheep farms in NZ. I've seen just as many (if not more) sheep on my South Island tour as I would see cows driving from OKC to STL or Houston.
- Bungy jumping was invented in Queenstown, NZ. They have the 2nd tallest bungy jump in the world here at just around 500 feet. You free fall for 8.5 seconds. The tallest one is in South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment