Wednesday, November 16, 2011

President's Cup Golf Tournament


The main reason I came to Melbourne at this time is because the President's Cup golf tournament is being played here Thursday-Sunday. The President's Cup is a tournament where 12 of the best USA players compete against 12 of the best international players outside of Europe. If you've heard of the Ryder Cup between the USA and Europe its basically like that. There are some huge names playing this week such as Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson. I am going to the tournament on Thursday and Friday, which is being held at Royal Melbourne Golf Club, supposedly one of the best courses in the world. Unfortunately, I can't take a camera inside but I am allowed to take my phone so hopefully I can sneak a few pictures.

There is some drama with Tiger Woods this week. A few months ago he fired his caddie (Steve Williams) who then went to work for an Australian player named Adam Scott. When Tiger fired Steve he ripped Tiger apart to the media and a few weeks ago at a banquet he said he wanted to win lots of tournaments with Adam Scott to "shove it up Tiger's black a**hole." A lot of people wanted Steve fired for making that comment, but he wasn't. So the Thursday match-ups came out today and Tiger is going to be playing Adam Scott tomorrow, meaning he will be in the same pairing as Steve Williams. I'm definitely going to be following that group around.

Here is the TV schedule for the Pres. Cup if you want to watch back home. On both days I will be wearing a black Titleist hat with yellow letters and sunglasses and khaki shorts. On Thursday I'm wearing a light blue collared shirt and on Friday a dark royal blue collared shirt if you want to look for me on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment